Inflatable water slides are a great way to cool off on a hot summer day. However, they can also be prone to leaks. If your inflatable water slide develops a leak, don’t despair! You can easily patch it yourself with a few simple tools and materials.
In this article, I will show you how to patch an inflatable water slide using vinyl repair patches and repair kits. I will also provide some tips for preventing leaks in the future.
How to Patch an Inflatable Water Slide: A Step-by-Step Guide
DIY repairs might seem overwhelming at first, but if you try our step-by-step guide, you’ll find that it’s a walk in the park!
Additionally, being able to repair your kids’ water slide right when a leak happens, would keep everyone happy.
Here are some of the benefits of patching an inflatable water slide:
- It’s a relatively easy task that can be done at home with basic tools.
- It’s a cost-effective way to repair your inflatable water slide.
- It can extend the life of your inflatable water slide.
- A pack of Vinyl repair patches
- Vinyl glue
- Needle and thread
- Tape measure
- Clean cloth
- Garden hose
- Sufficient pool height deck
- Spray bottle
Step 1: Find the Hole
The first step is to find the hole in your inflatable water slide. You can do this by inflating the slide and then spraying it with soapy water. The bubbles will show you where the leak is.
Step 2: Clean the Area Around the Hole
Once you have found the hole, you need to clean the area around it. This will help the glue to adhere properly. Use a clean cloth and some soapy water to clean the area.
Step 3: Cut a Patch That Is at Least ½-inch Larger Than the Hole
The next step is to cut a patch that is at least 1/2 inch larger than the hole. This will ensure that the patch covers the hole completely. You can use scissors or a knife to cut the patch.
Step 4: Apply Glue Around the Edge of the Patch
Once you have cut the patch, you need to apply glue around the edge of it. Use a thin coat of glue. It’s important to read the product details thoroughly to get optimal results.
Step 5: Place the Patch Over the Hole
Now, you need to place the patch over the hole. Make sure that the patch is centered over the hole.
Step 6: Press Down on the Patch to Secure It in Place
Once the patch is in place, you need to press down on it to secure it. You can use your hands or a heavy object to press down on the patch.
Step 7: Let the Glue Dry Completely
The final step is to let the glue dry completely. This will take about 24 hours. Once the glue is dry, your inflatable water slide will be repaired.
- If the hole is too large, you may need to sew it up before patching it.
- If the glue is not sticking, you may need to apply more glue or wait for the glue to dry completely.
- If the patch is not watertight, you may need to apply more glue or use a different type of patch.
- If all else fails, it’s time to seek help from a specialist. Professional repairs are often more elaborate, and there’s a good chance that your inflatable would be salvaged.
Inflatable swimming pools with aqua park structures are also notorious for needing repairs consistently, but you already know what to do to patch them up.
Vinyl products with separate air chambers, like commercial bounce houses, can be a bit tricky. However, the patching-up method is the same.
Our Best Tips for Repairing an Inflatable Water Slide
- When you’re patching an inflatable water slide, it’s important to use the right type of glue. You should use glue that is specifically designed for inflatables.
- It’s also important to make sure that the area around the hole is clean and dry before you apply the glue.
- If you’re patching a large hole, you may need to use more than one patch.
- Once the glue is dry, you should test the patch by inflating the inflatable water slide. If the patch is not watertight, you may need to apply more glue or use a different type of patch.
Inflatable Repair Kit
- Simple and easy to apply
- UV resistant
- Conforms to irregular surfaces
There are many different brands and types of vinyl repair patches available. Some of the most popular brands include Kool Splash and Inflatable Repair Kit. These patches are made from durable materials that are resistant to water and sunlight.
You can use a ground pool patch to repair an inflatable water slide. However, it’s important to make sure that the patch is the right size and that it’s made from a durable material.
Vinyl repair patches are available at most hardware stores, pool supply stores, and online retailers.
Patching an inflatable water slide is a relatively easy task. By following the steps in this article, you can easily perform common repairs, fix a leak, and get your inflatable back in use.
To make things easier, it’s best to have the right tools and materials on hand. This includes a patch kit, glue, scissors, and a clean cloth. It’s also important to find a well-lit and ventilated area to work in. This will make it easier to see what you are doing and prevent the glue from drying too quickly.
Take your time and be patient. Patching an inflatable water slide is not a race. To do it right, keep in mind that it’s best to “measure twice and cut once”. With a little care and attention, you can easily patch your inflatable water slide and keep it in good condition for years to come.